Friday, January 22, 2010

Pot Roast Fantasia

Mmmm, the smell of pot roast slow cooking in the oven is wafting over me. I can't wait until dinner. I'm owning up to it now -- I've never actually made pot roast myself. I know, how can that be? It's so darn easy. Oh well, better late than never.

How many guesses to who will NOT savor my pot roast tonight? Yup, the "I-don't-like-that-what's-that-smell-ewwww-I-want-icecream-peanutbutterandjelly" child, our first-born. And he was such a good little eater at first. Sigh...

This is more along the lines of what Will likes to eat for dinner, or any meal (that's a good 'ole Girl Scout Tag-along cookie -- I don't care what silly politically correct name they're calling it now. I love my Tag-alongs.):








PS -- The pot roast was awesome! I was practically licking my plate... And I actually followed a recipe to the letter this time (http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/pot_roast/). I know, shocking. This site is becoming my go-to place for normal, home-cooked, time-tested recipes. Oh yeah, and Will didn't touch it. Okay, he did eat the egg noodles and a few carrots...

No comments:

Post a Comment