Sunday, January 14, 2007

He Passes with Flying Colors!


My, how things are changing! I took Will for his 2 month check-up this past week (Jan. 10th to be exact), and the doctor pronounced him happy and healthy. He weighed in at 11 lb. 4 oz., and his head has grown a lot (definitely has the Thompson noggin). He is gaining weight at a good clip, and has jumped from the 11th to the 41st percentile for growth. The doctor asked if we'd been slipping him burgers on the side... I think Will is just catching up to where he would have been if he were born at term. Of course, month 2 is also the first set of immunizations (read shots), and Will got 4 of them plus an oral vaccine. Let's just say I now know what his "pain" cry looks/sounds like... He was a very brave guy, and proceeded to sleep and eat for the next day and a half -- and boy was he a cranky fellow in between. But, he's back to normal now and hasn't had any side effects. The doctor told me I didn't act like a first-time mom at the appointment -- I just laughed and told him that he should have been with me over the last 2 months! Things have gotten much easier, and although we're still sleep deprived and running around like chickens with our heads cut off -- we've at least settled down into something of a routine with Will, and are starting to feel we might get a hang of this parent thing yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment