Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Hold up, wait a minute...

Ian just turned 2 years old!
So happy about the storebought Go Diego Go cake.

Are you shocked that I'm just getting around to posting the fond, icing-coated memories and reminisces? Not I. Let's say, for the sake of simplicity, that things have been a wee bit busy on our end lately. But who am I kidding? The second child pretty much always gets the shaft (gasp!).

UNLESS ...

His parents finally plopped down mucho bucks for a much better, faster camera last Christmas in order to catch the whirling dervishes that are their sons -- in SPORTS MODE.

What, you don't know it? Sports mode is how sports photographers catch the world's greatest feats of physical prowess and showmanship with an expertly-timed click of the shutter. It's also how we catch our children doing things like: smiling at the camera without snot trickling down their noses, being cute and angelic, and other similarly impressive -- and fleeting -- feats of physical prowess.

Observe ...

Ian: pre-flight routine

Will: mid-flight!
Or, for example ...

Watch the golf ball -- IN FLIGHT, heading toward C's head

But maybe the most fun are those silly moments caught in sports mode that deserve a closer look. Like Ian very seriously trying on my winter hat (Rastafari!), or Will caught in mid-kick while jamming out to some guitar rock on Rhapsody.





So, as Ian turns the corner into his second year, I really only have one lingering, burning question.


Question Authority Boy
How did we go from here ...


To here ...


In only two years?

Thank God for sports mode, that's all I can say. Without it, I might have blinked and missed it.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:11 PM

    They're so, so beautiful, Sarah! And, my newest quote is the days are long but the years are short. Seems to hold true, right? Wait until you get to the 5th -- you're not even sure when they were born! Notice you've seen no pictures of my Wil's 2nd birthday either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Love the pics! And, where does the time go? Maybe that sports-mode camera of yours is making it fly by ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta get me one of them fancy cameras! No, seriously, I need a new camera. Love the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cynthia7:20 PM

    They are such beautiful children Sarah! And you are a wonderful writer

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Cynthia: Aw, thanks. I can only take credit for 50% of the beauty inside those boys--but I'll still take some credit! :)

    @Amanda - Oh yes, you want one. I LOVE it. I don't even care that I have to carry it around in a huge case with a strap. It's like my third purse when I go out. Actual purse, diaper bag, camera case...

    And wait! A TINY correction, now that my brain is less fogged -- We did not actually spend our own money on the camera. My wonderful parents bought it for use as a Christmas gift. Thanks again, guys. XXOO

    ReplyDelete